MEXICAN STREET CORN SALAD #vegetarian #mexicanfood
This Mexican Street Corn Salad is a solid, basic interpretation of elote, the flavorful Mexican road seller rendition of fresh corn!
Mexican road corn, or elote, is a barbecued old fashioned corn that is slathered with a spiced harsh cream/mayo sauce and came in brittle cotija cheddar. Mexican Street Corn Salad is a potluck-prepared variant of it, tossing in a couple of include ins and helping up the sauce with Greek yogurt!
This plate of mixed greens is warm and flavorful from the barbecued corn when you first make it, however it can likewise be chilled and served cold (ideal for conveying to potlucks!)
Also Try Our Recipe : ASPARAGUS STUFFED CHICKEN
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt *80 g
- 1 Tbsp lime juice 15 mL
- 1 tsp honey 5 mL
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Splash of oil
- 4 ears corn about 3 cups, 285 g of kernels, shucked and kernels removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup canned black beans 200 g, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- ½ cup chopped red onion 35 g
- ½ cup packed fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup cotija cheese 88 g, crumbled, can sub feta
- Mix all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium/high heat in a large saute pan then add garlic and corn. Cook about 15 minutes, flipping frequently, until corn begins to char a bit. Gently toss with lime juice and salt.**
- In a large bowl, combine corn mix, black beans, pepper, onion, cilantro, and cheese. Drizzle sauce over and serve either warm or cold. Perfect over tacos, as a chip dip, or by itself!
*If using Greek yogurt, add a dash of milk to thin it out.
**Alternatively, cook the ears of corn on the grill, then remove kernels and mix into garlic, lime juice, and salt.
For more detail : bit.ly/30h8Opq
Read More Our Recipe : CHICKEN GYRO RECIPE