Garlic Herb Cauliflower Rice #vegetarian #healthy
This simple herbed cauliflower rice is stuffed brimming with flavor, sound, low-carb and fast to make. You can locate the simple formula just as bunches of tips for how to make cauliflower rice in your own kitchen beneath.
I'll be straightforward, my first endeavor at cauliflower rice was a failure. I left the rice plain with no extra flavors. Neither of us were awed. After that endeavor it turned out to be certain that cauliflower rice needs assistance in the flavor office. So we set up our heads together and thought of this herby riced cauliflower with garlic, lemon, and almonds. The herbs, garlic, and lemon include bunches of flavor, while the almonds present some additional surface. I simply cherish it!
Cauliflower rice is a flexible and sound side dish. For the best tasting riced cauliflower, it needs assistance from different flavors. In this herby adaptation, we kick up the flavor with margarine, heaps of crisp herbs, new lemon juice, and garlic. For some additional crunch and surface, I cherish mixing in some simmered cut almonds. You can forget these or substitute different nuts.
Also Try Our Recipe : Vegan Teriyaki Grilled Eggplant
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 medium head cauliflower or 16 ounces store-bought cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter or substitute extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh herbs like parsley, dill, cilantro, and basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or more to taste
MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE
- To turn a head of cauliflower into rice, there are two options. Use a food processor or use a box grater.
- If using a food processor, cut the head of cauliflower into medium chunks and remove the core. Working in batches, add the cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is broken down into very small bits that resemble rice (see photo above).
- If using a box grater, cut the head of cauliflower into quarters and remove the core. Use the medium-sized holes to grate each quarter into small bits resembling rice.
- Optional step, for the best cauliflower rice, before cooking, transfer the riced cauliflower to a clean dish towel and press to remove excess moisture.
MAKE HERBED CAULIFLOWER RICE
- Add the almonds to a large skillet over medium heat. Stir the almonds around the pan until they are fragrant and lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on the nuts since they do toast quickly. Transfer the toasted almonds to a bowl and save for later.
- Return the skillet to the heat and add the butter. When the butter is melted and bubbling, stir in the garlic. Cook the garlic, stirring it around the pan, until fragrant, about 30 seconds
- Add the cauliflower rice, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Cook, stirring every once and a while, until the cauliflower rice is crisp-tender and starts to turn light brown in places, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Take the skillet off of the heat, and then stir in the fresh herbs, lemon juice, and toasted almonds. Taste then adjust with additional salt, pepper or lemon juice.
For more detail : bit.ly/2JKnoQK
Read More Our Recipe : Easy Aloha Pineapple Chicken